I like these meme like things, so I thought I’d post my award. Hammie gave it to me. The directions are in Dutch—so you’re going to have to deal with my summary! (Mom used Google to translate it!) She is impressed with the entire Google translate thing, so she is glad to have any excuse to use it. Sigh. Mom is impressed by technology sometimes! I guess whatever makes her happy!
I am supposed to post seven things that you probably don’t know about me. It took Mom a little while to come up with seven things that she wanted me to share.
- My mom named me after the main character in her favorite book, Heart of Darkness, by an English-Polish gentleman named Joseph Conrad. The character is Charley Marlow, a seaman who travels around the world. The books that he is in, including Lord Jim and Chance and the short stories Youth and Amy Foster, are not happy books. Mom likes them for the style and way that Conrad writes. It is a strange character to be named after—a happy bear named after a man who goes through a lot of strife!
- I am a big reader—I don’t talk too much about books on here though. I don’t want to be thought of as a bear who is trying to sell things.
- I have been blogging for most of my life. We started in 2005, and I was Mom’s Christmas present for 2004. There are long time periods that I didn’t blog, but I was still here. Until very recently, I was only blogging for Mom and me. She had joined some mailing lists about traveling dolls—and bears—that gave her the idea that maybe she should publicize my blog! And here we are!
- My best friends are Milton and Robinson. You don’t see Robinson so much on here because he can’t sit up by himself! He needs something to lean against, and some of my pictures don’t lend to that. Mom says that I am lucky to have beans inside me that weighs me down.
- Caleb is my bear. He is a very good friend of mine. He sometimes wanders off though. He likes going on adventures with Mom. He wants to go on adventures himself, but he doesn’t quite plan everything very well!
- I am the longest tenured bear in our hug. (Mom says that some of the Build-a-Bear friends might be older technically—that they were made before 2004.) She says that I am the bear that started it all!
- I love it when you all comment on my postings. Mom’s own blog is really only for herself and prosperity, so the only comments we get are here. I try to comment on everyone’s blog in kind, but if I ever forget—I want you all to know that I appreciate the comments!
And there we are. It’s a very long list—but like I said, I do love to blog!