Fall is in the air here in Wisconsin. It is not supposed to get over 70 degrees Fahrenheit for the next couple of days. I like colder weather—many more cuddles that way under lots of blankets. I love sitting under lots of blankets! It’s so nice and toasty warm. Granted, I don’t mind summer because that means that we can go outside and garden! I guess I do like most seasons of the year, because I can think of good things about spring and winter too.
A new friend of mine, Bob T. Bear, posted a comment on my last post with an idea about keeping a tally of different things in my new journal. This led Milton and I to thinking about things that happened around here with enough regularity that I could keep track of them.
- Mom loses TV remote and has to spend ten minutes looking for it.
- The number of times that the dog climbs on the couch and then gets off.
- The number of times that the dog unplugs something related to the computer when she walks past.
- The dog wants to go outside.
- The number of times that Mom checks her Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, and email in one day.
- How many books Mom brings home. (We wish this would happen more often.)
- The number of times that we watch Good Eats with Alton Brown—it’s our favorite TV show.
- The number of cans of Coca-Cola Mom drinks in one day.
I’m sure that we’ll come up with some more things to think about. Mom also spotted some Iron Man stickers at Target the last time she went, so maybe she’ll buy those for me and I can decorate my journal too. Mom’s got all sorts of scrapbooking things around here, so I’m sure that I can make it really spiffy. Or maybe I should go with the incognito look—maybe no one will think it’s anything important. I will have to decide.