Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

July 24th, 2006

I had a great day today! Mom was home all day, so she took me to help her with her chores!

First, we had to water the garden. When we were out there, we found some tomatoes! They were yellow cherry tomatoes and they were very yummy! They were the first ripe tomatoes of the season. I love cherry tomatoes. They're very bear-size. Mom says that we're going to have many different varieties of tomatoes. She picked out several different varieties of heirloom tomatoes, along with red cherry, yellow cherry, yellow pear, and one that will produce huge tomatoes the size of a grown up's fist. I told her that I'd stick with the cherry tomatoes.

The next thing we had to do was water the plants on the porch. Mom just let me watch. Picking the cherry tomatoes through all the leaves was hard work. I like sitting on this chair though and watching the birds. There weren't any blue jays today though. Mom said that they probably wouldn't come around until she had stopped watering the plants. I wanted to wait outside until one showed up, but she said we had other things to do. Some doves and red-winged blackbirds didn't mind Mom's watering though, so I got to look at some birds! I love looking through Mom's bird books! It's as close as I'm going to get to some of the really colorful parrots or the huge birds of prey like a bald eagle.

Then we went back inside to have lunch! I got to help make lunch and then we came back upstairs. Mom read some books to all of us, and then we all took a little nap. Now I'm here, posting on my blog all the interesting things that I did today. We're going to have to go to bed soon, so I'm going to have to stop this here. Mom says that we can post more tomorrow or the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment